Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The moment the nurse wrapped the sheet around me, I became net positive



I often joke to people but today thought I would put it down on paper … “the day I was born and the moment the nurse wrapped the sheet around me, I became net positive" ;).. with that piece of clothing around me.” Since then, I have only gained. Seriously, I am extremely grateful every moment for being born as a human being and that too in the most fabulous phase that man-kind has ever seen.

Every second, every moment since the “towel was wrapped” I have had a net gain in my life .. the ones that jump most readily to my mind while writing this blog in 15 minutes:

  • Got so much affection from so many people – some left me, some I had to move far from – only to get more around the next corner and still have a piece of those very far away;
  • Learnt every second - to walk, to talk, and so much more about self and others through  1000s of sweet-sour experiences;
  • Got to explore the tremendous cumulative knowledge that “Man” has packaged – initially through formal education, then through the library, then through hard-bound books, then the Net and now get to absorb every “vacant” second through the flick of my fingers on my smartphone; 
  • The experiences through interactions that no one can take away from me – in the cities of the world, in remote isolated corners of the Pampas or under the Arctic Light, running at 15,000 feet with bated breath & relaxing on golden sand, visiting family in the village and doing solitary journeys … on buses, trains & planes .. in large business meetings & intimate social settings;
  • Food and flavours absorbed -  from atleast 75 different types of fruits to every shade/shape of  “frutas del mer” (sea-food); from “Daal-rice” and “egg-milk-sugar” combos in bowls to plated dishes in atleast 100 different Oriental, Occidental and Indian flavours;  from bitter quinine to sweet flowers ….;  
  • Enjoyed “growing” as aliens (new lands, new neighbours, new  colleagues, new ….) turned into home, home away from home, friends and even extended family;
  • Fell sick so many times as a kid – only to come out stronger – and each time built protection and resistance for the next assault from a variegated form of bacteria, vile and virus.
At some point in life, perhaps the mind won’t recall each and every bit as vividly :) .. but every pore of my being has absorbed these experiences  … so till my last breath, I will always be net positive.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your positive attitude and spirit and draw from it!